Tycon Solar POE/Solar Dual Input 12V Battery Charge Control
Tycon Solar TP-SCPOE-1248 controllers have dual inputs to charge batteries from a POE source and also a secondary source like solar panels in order to provide redundancy and insure 100% uptime for critical applications. The solar input can handle up to 8A. The POE input up to 2.5A. They have a built in POE inserter that delivers 48V 0.375A at the POE out port. They also have a secondary wire terminal 12V 1.5A output. They have full electronic protections for short circuit, reverse current, overvoltage, overcharge and over discharge.
The built-in over discharge protection and low self consumption ensures the battery is not over discharged, which greatly increases the life of the batteries.
They have five LED indicators to give a quick visual status if current is being supplied by a POE source or solar panel, if battery is charging, If load output is turned on and a warning if battery is connected with reverse polarity.
Solar and Battery Connections are via 4 wire terminals for wire size up to 10AWG. POE Input and Output is via 2 RJ45 shielded connectors.
The controllers are externally fused with a standard replaceable fuse.
- Dual input: Charges 24V batteries from solar panel and/or passive PoE
- Built in DC to DC converter
- Compact and high temperature operation
- Low self consumption: < 0.5W
- Remote power systems; surveillance, sensors
- Wireless stations; AP / client / repeaters
- UPS systems; lighting, fences, gates
- Solar input voltage: 15V - 36V @ 8A max
- PoE input voltage: 18V - 57V @ 2.6A
- Battery voltage: 12V
- PoE output: 48V @ .625A
- Secondary output: 11V to 15V @ 1.5A max
- Charge voltage: 14.6 ±0.3V
- Maintenance voltage: 13.5 ±0.3V
- Over discharge voltage: 11.0 ±0.3V ; 12.0 ±0.3V
- Load-on consumption: <0.5W
- Load-off consumption: 1.7mA Type 0.02W
- Max wire size: 12 AWG
- Operating temperature: -30°C to 60°C (-22°F to 140°F)
- Dimensions: 159 x 118 x 40mm (6.3 x 4.6 x 1.6")
- Weight: 312 g (11 oz)