Tycon Solar Kit UPS Pro Polycarbonate Enclosure 24V 36Ah Battery 48V POE Solar Ready Outdoor UPS System with 24 Hour Backup at 9W
The UPSPro UPS-PL2448-36 outdoor enclosure is designed for applications that require a backup power source in order to maintain uninterrupted service in the event of AC power failure. The system is powered over a CAT5 network cable via Power over Ethernet (PoE) using a Power Supply and PoE Inserter (included). Features include an advanced battery charge controller to protect against over-charging or over-discharging of the valve regulated sealed lead acid AGM batteries. Enclosures have multiple ports for CAT5 cable, antenna cables/connectors or other cabling. They are vented to prevent residual buildup of hydrogen gas.
There is some space inside the enclosures for customer electronics such as controllers, wireless AP or CPE cards, sensors, inverters, etc. Equipment runs on battery power which isolates it from power line surges which is the main cause of outdoor equipment failure.
Models are equipped with a Solar Ready controller so they can also be powered using solar panels in addition to or instead of the Power Supply and PoE Inserter.
A typical 250mW wireless access point with average power consumption of 3.5W will run 24 hours on a 8.5Ah battery at room temperature or 16 hours at -20°C.
- PoE Output Voltages Available (DC): 48VDC @ 0.625A
- Available Capacities (Amp Hours):17Ah
- Maximum POE Input Voltage: 60W
- Battery Voltage (DC): 24V
- Battery Type: Gel
- Battery Life: 5 Years
- Controller Type: Dual Input Solar/POE, PWM, 12V 8A, Max Solar Panel Size 270W
- Overcharge Protection: 28.6V
- Over-discharge protection: 22.0V
- Over-discharge recovery voltage: 24.0V
- Controller Self Consumption: <0.5W
- Charging PoE Power Supply
- Enclosure Type: Polycarbonate
- Enclosure External Size: 17.5 x 12.5 x 6” (445 x 318 x 152mm)
- Enclosure Internal Size: 14 x 10 x 5” (356 x 254 x 127mm)
- Space available for Customer Electronics: 7 x 7 x 4” (177 x 177 x 102mm)