MikroTik Gigabit Passive Ethernet Repeater (GPeR) 802.3af/at 24 - 57V
MikroTik Gigabit Passive Ethernet Repeater (GPeR) is part of our new GPEN (Gigabit Passive Ethernet Network) concept, which aims to replace GPON installations with lower cost and more easy to deploy Ethernet alternative. The GPeR unit allows to extend Ethernet cable by additional hop (< 100 - 150 m to regular network devices, and up to 210 m to another GPeR unit) up to 1,500 m. Handy for high rise buildings, multi-apartment buildings, with many floors and sections, where very long ethernet cables might be a problem. Maximum allowed length of CAT6 Ethernet cable between GPeR and power source/router is up to 100 m (depending on cable quality, high quality - up to 150 m). Maximum allowed distance of CAT6 Ethernet cable between two GPeR devices is up to 210 m (depending on cable quality).
- Product code GPeR
- Gigabit Ethernet ports 2
- PoE in 802.3af/at, 24 - 57 V
- PoE out Jumper selectable passive PoE Passthrough
- Max power consumption 2 W
- Operating temperature -40 to 70°C
- Use case 1: Extension of Ethernet link to up to 1,5 km if one side have PoE source (up to 3 km both sides of the link have PoE sources).
- Use case 2: Home user connects his WiFi AP to GPEN11, which then outputs PoE (Power over Ethernet), Ethernet is extended with GPeR units then on the roof you have a netPower series switch (coming later this year), which takes power from all the apartments (from GPEN11), after that the switch is connected to the uplink connection, for example with our 60 GHz series of device.