MikroTik CWDM MUX/DEMUX 8-Port SFP/SFP+ Unit
MikroTik CWDM MUX/DEMUX 8-Port SFP/SFP+ Unit. The CWDM is a passive MUX/DEMUX unit, which allows to combine up to eight fiber links into one, to simplify and reduce the cost of long distance fiber installations. At the other location, the combined line is split back up again, so that instead of eight long fiber lines, you would only need one. The Coarse Wavelength-Division Multiplexing (CWDM) technology offers a solution which will increase capacity of existing fiber infrastructure by enabling multiple channels/wavelengths over the same fiber cabling and will reduce costs for a new fiber optic deployment. The CWDM solution enables up to 8 channels for transmitting and receiving signals, with the wavelengths from 1470 nm to 1610 nm.
This is an upgraded revision of CWDM. MikroTik has replaced he MON port with a EXP/1310 expansion port. The EXP/1310 port supports all 1310nm SFP / SFP+ / SFP28 / QSFP / QSFP28 modules up to 100 Gbps.
- Increase efficiency of existing fiber networks
- Provide scalable and easy-to-deploy fiber channel services
- Reduce electricity consumption
- Reduce equipment maintenance and installation costs
- Use multiple channels/wavelengths over the same fiber cabling