AdTran TA5000 GPON OLT Access Module 4-Port Gen 2 [1187502F2]
The ADTRAN GPON solution utilizes GPON Encapsulation Mode (GEM) to carry Ethernet traffic exclusively. ADTRAN has made a complete commitment to Ethernet in the access network with Total Access 5000, and the GPON OLT Access Module is furthering this direction. Data traffic is carried natively as Ethernet, which is a very efficient means of transporting high-bandwidth data connections.
Voice traffic is carried as VoIP packets to the GR303 gateway in the Total Access 5000 to provide a gateway to the legacy TDM network, or as SIP/MGCP to an external soft switch to support the next generation of voice services. Finally, TDM transport through a GPON is provided with Pseudowire Emulation (PWE3), which terminates on the PWE3 gateway in the Total Access 5000 and on an ONT.
Video options with the Total Access 5000 GPON OLT include both IPTV and RF video. IPTV functions in the Total Access 5000 and the GPON OLT Access Module provide IGMP signaling and multicast replication functions. RF Video Overlay is supported on a GPON as a third wavelength at 1550 nm using outboard amplifiers and wavelength combiners.
The Total Access 5000 GPON OLT supports a wide variety of management options. Transaction Language 1 (TL1) is used to communicate alarms with Telcordia’s NMA Operations Support System (OSS). An Ethernet 10/100Base-T or standard RS-232 DB-9 connector is used for Telnet access and connection to SNMP networks. Environmentally hardened, the Total Access 5000 GPON OLT Access Module can be installed in CO and in RT environments.
Not sure where to start with PON? Deploy your next passive optical network with an AdTran XGS-PON starter kit. The team of AdTran engineers will walk you through the basics of fiber implementation. To simplify the integration with your network, Mosaic software is vendor agnostic. Utilize the Mosaic Subscriber Suite tp help manage and optimize your network. It is an all-in-one subscriber insight and management software that offers cloud-based tools to make device installation, activation and service restoration ultra-efficient, while improving the overall subscriber experience.Product Features:
- G.984 compliant
- SFP-based optics
- Class B+ and C+ optics
- Temperature hardened for CO and RT deployments
- 5,376 subscribers per Total Access 5000 chassis
- Four GPON ports per OLT access module and 64 ONTs per port
- Native Ethernet transport over GPON
- IPTV and RF overlay video support
- OMCI management to ONTs
- Interfaces: Four SFP single fiber interfaces on faceplate Capacities:
- Four GPON interfaces per OLT Access Module
- Supports up to 64 ONTs per GPON interface
- 5,376 subscribers per TA5000 chassis
- Regulatory Standards: NEBS Level 3, UL 60950, RoHS, FCC Part 15 Class A
- Management: Remote management through SNMP and TL1, Ethernet interface on SCM for Web, SNMP and Telnet access, Craft interface on SCM, OMCI to ONTs
- Operating Temperature: -40°F to +149°F ( -40°C - 65°C)
- Storage Temperature: -40°F to +185°F ( -40°C - 85°C) Optics:
- B+ and C+ optics compliant
- Up to 60km logical reach
- Standard / Extended / Max reach
- Compliance: NEBS Level 3, UL 60950, RoHS, FCC Part 15 Class A
(1) Total Access 5000 1187502F2 4-Port GPON OLT