Positron Access Solutions G.hn Wave-2 to Ethernet Bridge over Twisted Pair Starter Kit
As low as $2,412.25 was $2,550.00
The ITU-T G.9960 G.hn Wave-2 standard is designed to leverage the existing UTP, CAT-3 or CAT-5/5e to deliver a Gigabit Internet service to each subscriber without the cost, complexity and delays associated with in-building fiber installation. G.hn is used as an Access technology by Operators looking to simplify their access network and backend infrastructure with an Ethernet-like technology that is highly scalable without some of the inherent complexity of DSL-related technologies. With G.hn, Operators deliver advanced services such as Gigabit High Speed Residential Internet and 4K IPTV without the high capital and operational expenses associated with a fiber retrofit. Each G.hn subscriber port supports up to 1.7 Gbps of dynamically allocated bandwidth for near symmetrical Gigabit services over the existing telephone wire or coaxial cable. The Positron GAM solution is MEF CE 2.0 compliant and is ideally suited to deliver Business Ethernet services in an MDU and/or MTU deployment.
The Positron GAM leverages a non-blocking CE 2.0 Carrier Ethernet Core ASIC to reliably deliver managed Gigabit services. The GAM is a Fiber to the Distribution Point (FTTDp) solution that is typically installed inside a wiring closet. Each GAM comes with two (2) 10 Gigabit SFP+ interfaces to support any type of fiber or PON standards (using an ONT as required). These SFP+ ports are also used to support additional GAM devices in medium to large MDUs and share the fiber backhaul link.
With the Positron GAM, high-speed Gigabit Internet Services are more stable, reducing support calls and customer churn.
The Positron GAM is available in 24 and 12 port configurations for either coaxial cable or twisted pair with support for Single Input Single Output (SISO) mode, (1 pair per port) and Multiple Input Multiple Output (MIMO) mode (2 pairs per port). Using MIMO instead of DSL pair bonding means that there is no need to allocate two (2) ports to serve a single subscriber, lowering costs and avoiding the complexity of pair bonding.
• Max Distance for Gigabit Service: 800m
• Vectoring Scalability: Can stack multiple GAM devices to serve more subscribers without impacting vectoring efficiency
• Multi-chipset Interoperability: Yes
• Multi-vendor Interoperability: Yes
• Seamless Integration with Fiber (GPON) OSS and BSS: Yes
Starter Kit Includes
Choice of 12 or 24-Port Multiplexer:
• (GAM-12-M) 12-Port G.hn Access Multiplexer (GAM) for use over Twisted Pair wiring for 1 pair (SISO) or 2 pairs (MIMO) per RJ14 port
• (GAM-24-M) 24-Port G.hn Access Multiplexer (GAM) for use over Twisted Pair wiring for 1 pair (SISO) or 2 pairs (MIMO) per RJ14 port
• 5 x (G1000-M) G.hn Wave-2 to Ethernet Bridges over Twisted Pair
G.hn GAM Multiplexer Data Sheet
G.hn Ethernet Bridge Data Sheet
|Country of Manufacture||Canada|
|Large or Oversize Package||No|