There is a generous amount of space reserved inside the enclosures for customer electronics such as controllers, wireless AP or CPE cards, sensors, inverters, etc. Equipment runs on battery power which isolates it from power line surges which is a main cause of outdoor equipment failure.
Most models are equipped with a Solar Ready controller so they can also be powered using solar panels in addition to or instead of the POE power supply.
Multiple configurations are available for 12V or 24V systems with various battery storage capacities.
• POE Output Voltages Available (DC): 48VDC @ 0.625A
• Available Capacities (Amp Hours):18Ah
• Maximum POE Input Voltage: 57V
• Battery Voltage (DC): 24V
• Battery Type: Gel
• Battery Life: 5 Years
• Controller Type: Dual Input Solar/POE, PWM, 24V 8A, Max Solar Panel Size 270W
• Overcharge Protection: 28.6V
• Over-discharge protection: 22.0V
• Over-discharge recovery voltage: 24.0V
• Controller Self Consumption: <0.5W
• Charging POE Power Supply
• Enclosure Type: Polycarbonate
• Enclosure External Size: 17.5 x 12.5 x 6” (445 x 318 x 152mm)
• Enclosure Internal Size: 14 x 10 x 5” (356 x 254 x 127mm)
• Space available for Customer Electronics: 7 x 7 x 4” (177 x 177 x 102mm)
The UPSPro series outdoor enclosures are designed for applications that require a backup power source in order to maintain uninterrupted service to customers. The enclosure is powered over a CAT5 network cable via Power Over Ethernet (POE) using a POE Supply/Inserter (included). Features include an advanced battery charge controller to protect against over-charging or over-discharging of the valve regulated sealed lead acid AGM or GEL batteries. Enclosures have multiple ports for CAT5 cable, antenna cables/connectors or other cabling. They are vented to prevent residual buildup of hydrogen gas.