The built-in overdischarge protection and low self consumption ensures the battery is not overdischarged, which greatly increases the life of the batteries.
They have five LED indicators to give a quick visual status if current is being supplied by a POE source or solar panel, if battery is charging, If load output is turned on and a warning if battery is connected with reverse polarity.
Solar and Battery Connections are via 4 wire terminals for wire size up to 10AWG. POE Input and Output is via 2 RJ45 shielded connectors.
The controllers are externally fused with a standard replaceable fuse.
• Dual input: Charges 24V batteries from solar panel and/or passive PoE
• Built in DC to DC converter
• Compact and high temperature operation
• Low self consumption: < 0.5W
• Remote power systems; surveillance, sensors
• Wireless stations; AP / client / repeaters
• UPS systems; lighting, fences, gates
• Solar input voltage: 15V - 36V @ 8A max
• PoE input voltage: 18V - 57V @ 2.6A
• Battery voltage: 12V
• PoE output: 48V @ .625A
• Secondary output: 11V to 15V @ 1.5A max
• Charge voltage: 14.6 ±0.3V
• Maintenance voltage: 13.5 ±0.3V
• Over discharge voltage: 11.0 ±0.3V ; 12.0 ±0.3V
• Load-on consumption: <0.5W
• Load-off consumption: 1.7mA Typ 0.02W
• Max wire size: 12 AWG
• Operating temperature: -30°C to 60°C (-22°F to 140°F)
• Dimensions: 159 x 118 x 40mm (6.3 x 4.6 x 1.6")
• Weight: 312 g (11 oz)
Tycon Power Learning Center Presentation
Tycon Power TP-SCPOE-1248 controllers have dual inputs to charge batteries from a POE source and also a secondary source like solar panels in order to provide redundancy and insure 100% uptime for critical applications. The solar input can handle up to 8A. The POE input up to 2.5A. They have a built in POE inserter that delivers 48V 0.375A at the POE out port. They also have a secondary wire terminal 12V 1.5A output. They have full electronic protections for short circuit, reverse current, overvoltage, overcharge and over discharge.