The unit supplies power to the remote device on the unused Ethernet pins 4,5(V+) and 7,8(V-). The Ethernet spec supports distances up to 100m (328 feet) between the PoE switch and the remote device.
The switch accepts DC power from 12-36VDC which makes it an excellent choice for those systems powered by battery power. There are 2 power inputs for attachment of primary and backup power sources.
It also accepts 802.3af or 802.3at power through port 5.
• Ethernet standard: IEEE802.3/IEEE802.3u
• Ports: 1 data/PoE input and 4 data/PoE, automatic crossover and polarity
• Transmission speed: 1000Mbps/100Mbps/10Mbps auto-negotiation
• Switch technology: store and forward
• Protocol: CSMA/CD
• Flow control: IEEE802.3x(full-duplex), back pressure(half-duplex)
• Data transmission rate: 1488000pps for 1000baseT, 148800pps for 100baseT, 14880pps for 10baseT
• Address Table: 1K MAC, self-learning
• Connections: Shielded RJ45
• PoE Output Ports: Port 1-4, auto power management pin assignment: TX(1,2), RX(3,6), V+(4,5), V-(7,8)
• Maximum PoE power: Up to 35W per port; max 70W per 5 port switch
• PoE auto detection: IEEE 802.3af, 802.3at
• PoE protection: Over temperature, over current, over/under voltage
• Data surge protection: IEC61000-4-2 (ESD) ±15kV (air), ±8kV (contact), IEC61000-4-4 (EFT) 40A (5/50ns) , IEC61000-4-5 (lightning) 20A (8/20μs
• DC power input: 24VDC (12V to 36V), dual DC inputs, reverse polarity protected. Also accepts PoE power input on port 5
This product does not include a power supply, you must purchase a separate power supply.
• High power 10/100/1000MB PoE switch
• Remotely power equipment through Cat5 cable up to 100m
• Up to 2A per port
• Built-in surge protection
• Automatic MDI/MDI-X crossover
• Automatic speed and duplex sensing
• 1K self learning MAC address table
• Compact size
• High temperature operation
• CE and FCC certification
• Wireless access points and client devices
• IP phone and security camera systems
• Power multiple devices from 1 data cable
Technical Data Sheet:
TP-SW5G-24 Data Sheet
TP-SW5G-24 User Manual
The TP-SW5G-24 power over ethernet (PoE) 10/100/1000MB switch offered by Tycon Power Systems is a fully automatic high speed 5 port Ethernet switch with up to 35W of PoE power per port. It complies with the IEEE802.3af/at specifications for valid PoE device detection.