The TP-POE-18 Power Over Ethernet Power Sources offered by Tycon Power Systems are quality power sources for years of reliable operation even in the toughest conditions. They accept data-in to a shielded RJ45 Jack and provide surge protected data-out and power on the shielded RJ45 output jack. They work by supplying power to the remote device on the unused Ethernet pins 4,5(V+) and 7,8(V-). For the "R" model the voltage is reversed. 4,5(V-) and 7,8(V+). The Ethernet spec supports distances up to 100m (328 feet).
The TP-POE are autoranging so that they accept AC inputs from 90VAC to 264VAC (50/60 Hz) and they supply regulated DC Voltage at the output. They have various protections for surge, short circuit, overload and overvoltage. The medium power models (TP-POE) have power output up to 24W and the high power models (TP-POE-HP) up to 100W. They are available in 18V, 24V and 48V DC Output with load regulation within 5%. The CI model has an special current sense LED which changes color when a POE device is plugged into the CAT5 cable.
If the remote device does not support power over Ethernet, splitters (POE-SPLT-S) are available to split the data and DC voltage at the remote device. If the remote device requires reverse voltage the POE-XOVER cable can be used.
• Remotely Power Equipment thru CAT5 Cable up to 100m
• Autoranging Switching Power Supply
• Short Circuit, Over Current and Over Voltage Protection
• High Temperature Operation
• Compact size
• Floor / Desktop / Wall Mount
• CE/FCC/UL/CB Approved
• Wireless Access Points and Client Devices
• IP Phone and Security Camera Systems
• AC Input: 90-264VAC 47-63Hz
• Max Inrush Current (120VAC): 30A
• Efficiency (min): 85%
• POE Output Voltage (±2.5%): 18V
• Output Current: 1A
• Output Power: 18W
• POE Type: Passive
• Line / Load Regulation: 1% / 5%
• Ripple / Noise: 1% / 2%
• Protections: Over-Voltage, Short Circuit, Over-Current
• EMC Standards: FCC Class B EN55022 Class B
• Safety Standards: UL1950, CSA 22.2 and TUV EN60950
• Environmental Standards: RoHS
• Operating Temperature: -30 to +60°C (-22 to +140°F)
• Operating Humidity (RH): 5% - 90%
• Storage Temperature: -40 to +80°C (-40 to +176°F)
• Dimensions: 85 x 76 x 36mm (3.4 x 3 x 1.4")
• Weight: 150g (5.3oz)
Product Data Sheet
Tycon Power Learning Center Presentation
The TP-POE-18 is a Tycon Power passive POE inserter with an output of 18V 18W passive. It has built in surge protection, to keep you safe for when disaster strikes.