Login or create a new user account to see our pricing. The price will not display properly unless you are logged in.
Although PTP 650 radios are designed to withstand extreme conditions, they are often mounted on high towers, frequently with external antennas. This makes the radios prime targets for lightning strikes. The Cambium PTP Lightning Protection Unit (PTP-LPU) is designed to protect a PTP 650 radio from the harmful effects of power surges induced in the cables by nearby lightning strikes. By grounding the power surges before they can harm the units, the PTP-LPU gives the radios the best protection from the harmful effects of lightning, although 100% protection is neither implied nor possible.
The PTP-LPU is a high-speed, high-current, solid-state device that is encased in a rugged metal case designed to hold up against ice, snow and rain and to withstand winds up to 150 mph (242 kph). The projected operational life of a PTP-LPU is 10 years, even when continually exposed to the elements. Because of its small form factor and minimum number of components, the unit is easy to transport and install. Plus, the cost-effective PTP-LPU is affordably priced.
For the best possible protection, each PTP 650 radio requires two Lightning Protection Units (PTP-LPUs), one installed adjacent to the radio on the wall, tower or mast, and one installed at the cable entry point of the building in which the network resides. The unit near the base of the wall or tower protects the LAN network inside the building. Because the units can be installed with new deployments or easily added to existing PTP 650 radios, you can reap the benefits of the PTP-LPU’s lightning protection capabilities for an existing or planned PTP 650 network.
• Transfer Rate: 1000 Base T
• Connectors: RJ45
• Protection Mode: Line-to-line and line-to-ground
• Response Time: 5ns
• Mounting: Pole mount 1 - 3in (25-75 mm) or wall mount
• Metal Enclosure: Projected 10-year operational life
• Dimensions (including glands): 6.3 x 4 x 3.5in (16 x 10 x 9cm)
• Wind Loading: 150mph (242kph)
• Operating Temperature: -40 to 140deg F (-40 to 60deg C)
• Tested to IEEE / ANSI C62.4110/1000 Long Wave: 120 amp peak, peak power 14,000 watts
• Environmental Protection: IP66 / NEMA-3R
• 2 x Lightning protection units
• Cable glands
• LPU mounting U-bolts
• ODU ground cables
• ODU grounding bolts and washers
Technical Data Sheets and User Manuals:
PTP-LPU Data Sheet
Warranty and Technical Support
Click for technical support contact information.
• Return Materials Authorization (RMA) requests are handled directly from Cambium Networks. Instructions and procedures for all RMA requests can be found HERE
Typical turn around time for the RMA (Return Materials Authorization) process is less than 30 days.