The PMP 450m Limited Access Point is only limited to "Sector Mode" and the cnMedusa Massive MU-MIMO technology is not usable. You can upgrade to the full version by purchasing the MU-MIMO Enable Key, which allows MU-MIMO features like allowing network operators to rapidly provide faster internet connections to significantly more people, places, and things. cnMedusa will absolutely change the commercial wireless broadband industry.
This model is useful if you want to reduce capital expense and do not have an immediate need for higher capacity (but anticipate sector growth over time). By deploying this version, you save a future tower climb and AP installation and can simply upgrade via a software key.
The PMP 450m AP with cnMedusa technology includes;
• Integrated 90° sector beam-forming antenna array
• Integrated Radio with only a single cable connection
• cnMedusa technology enhances sector capacity by combining a smart beamforming antenna array with multiple RF transmit and receive chains, effectively multiplying available capacity by more than three times.
• Multi-User MIMO more effectively uses available spectrum by simultaneous transmissions to multiple subscribers, increasing spectral efficiency to more than 40 bps/Hz.( Required MU-MIMO activation key
• Protect your investment in the 450 platform equipment by continuing to utilize existing Subscriber Modules (both 450 and 450i SMs work with the 450m and cnMedusa technology).
• Dramatically reduce the effect of interference with smart beamforming.
• SFP port allows for greater deployment flexibility, and AUX port allows for connection of camera or other PoE directly.
• Channel Spacing: Configurable to 2.5 MHz channel spacing
• Frequency Range: 5150-5925 MHz
• Channel Width: 10 MHz, 20 MHz, and 40 MHz
• MAC Layer: Cambium Networks proprietary
• Ethernet Interface: 100/1000BaseT, full duplex, rate auto negotiated (802.3 compliant)
• Protocols Used: IPv4, UDP, TCP, IP, ICMP, Telnet, SNMP, HTTP, FTP
• Network Management: HTTP, HTTPS, Telnet, GTP, SNMP v3
• VLAN: 802.1ad (DVLAN Q-inQ), 802.1Q with 802.1p priority, dynamic port VID
• Subscriber Per Sector: Up to 238
• ARQ: Yes
• Maximum Deployment Range: Up to 40 miles (64 km)
• Latency: 10 ms, typical
• GPS Synchronization: Yes,via Autosync (CMM5 or UGPS)
• Quality of Service: Diffserv QoS
• Antenna Beam Width: 90° integrated sector (dual polarity, H+V)
• Antenna Gain: +14 dBi
• Maximum Transmit Power: +24 dBm combined
• Antenna Connection: Integrated Sector Array
• Surge Suppression (with LPU) EN61000-4-5:1.2us/50us, 500 V voltage waveform / Recommended external surge suppressor: Cambium Networks Model # C000065L007A
• Mean Time Between Failure: > 40 Years
• Environmental: IP67, IP66
• Temperature / Humidity: -40°C to +60°C (-40*deg;F to +140°F), 0-95% non-condensing
• Weight: Approx. 14.2 kg (31 lbs)
• Wind Loading-Front Facing (@ 90 mph / 144 kph): 460 N
• Wind Loading-Front Facing (@110 mph / 177 kph): 700 N
• Dimensions: 52 x 65 x 11 cm (20.3 x 25.7 x 4.4")
• Power Consumption: 70 W typical, 80 W peak (up to 110 W max with AUX port PoE enabled)
• Input Voltage: 42.5 - 59 VDC
• Mounting: Pole mount with included brackets
• Encryption: 56-bit DES, FIPS-197 128-bit AES
Technical Data Sheets
PMP 450m Data Sheet
The PMP 450m is the first fixed wireless broadband access platform with cnMedusa technology that provides Massive Multi-User MIMO technology in a commercially available cost-effective solution. cnMedusa Massive MU-MIMO technology delivers ground breaking spectral efficiency in a highly integrated package, while being managed from a single pane of glass in the Cloud.