Log in or create a new user account to see our pricing. The price will not display properly unless you are logged in.
PTP 650S Series - Sub-6 GHz Backhaul Designed For Small Cell Networks
Service providers have experienced massive growth in data, voice, and video traffic over the past few years. This growth has imposed new requirements for high bandwidth and secure, reliable connectivity in areas not previously covered. Heterogeneous networks of small cells are increasingly being deployed in traffic “hotspot” areas to address these increasing capacity demands. In addition, data “not spots” are being addressed in suburban and rural areas with lower capacity small cell deployments.
Cambium Networks disrupts the performance-reliability continuum with the Cambium Point-to-Point (PTP) 650S Small Cell backhaul solution. With up to 450 Mbps aggregate throughput, small form factor, and support for 4G/LTE network timing, PTP650S links let you reliably and securely handle today’s needs with scalability to meet future requirements.
The PTP 650S small cell backhaul solution offers an ideal array of features that give you more capacity, greater operational flexibility and the highest spectral efficiency in the industry. PTP 650S provides sub-6 GHz, multi-band flexibility in wide-band radios, operating in channel sizes from 5 to 45 MHz to maximize the use of precious backhaul spectrum.
With Dynamic Spectrum Optimization (DSO), PTP 650S systems are constantly optimizing the channel of operation to maximize performance in virtually any environment – including NLOS, high interference, and through extreme weather conditions.
Precise Network Timing
(IEEE 1588v2 and Synchronous Ethernet), the PTP 650S ensures 4G interoperability and scalability.
Using Fast Adaptive Modulation (AMOD), PTP 650S analyzes the channel and automatically selects the most suitable modulation. These rapid adjustments greatly increase link reliability and efficiency.
The small cell focused feature combination results in delivering more capacity and reliability with less spectrum, maximizing your investments in even the most challenging environments.
• RF bands: Wide-band operation 4.9 to 6.05 GHz (Allowable frequencies and bands are dictated by individual country regulations.)
• Channel Sizes: 5, 10, 15, 20, 30, 40, and 45 MHz channels Channel sizes depend on individual country regulations
• Spectral Efficiency: 10 bps/Hz maximum
• Channel Selection: By Dynamic Spectrum Optimization or manual intervention; automatic selection on start-up and continual self-optimization to avoid interference
• Maximum Transmit Power: Up to 27 dBm at BPSK; up to 23 dBm at 256 QAM
• System Gain: Up to 160 dB with 20 MHz channel and integrated 19 dBi antenna; varies with modulation mode, channel size and spectrum
• Receiver Sensitivity: -98 dBm with 5 MHz channel
• Modulation / Error Correction: Fast Preemptive Adaptive Modulation featuring 13 modulation / FEC coding levels ranging from BPSK to 256 QAM dual payload MIMO
• Antenna: Integrated: Flat panel – 19 dBi
• Range: Software limited to 1.25 miles (2.0km); optional software license key to enable long-range applications
• Security: FIPS-197 compliant 128/256-bit AES Encryption (optional)
• User Data Throughput: Dynamically variable up to 450 Mbps
• Latency: 1 – 3 ms one-direction latency
• QoS: 8 Queues
• Packet classification: Layer 2 and Layer 3 IEEE 802.1p, MPLS, Ethernet priority
• Packet performance: Line rate ( >850K packets per second)
• Timing transport: Synchronous Ethernet; IEEE 1588v2
• Frame support: Jumbo frame up to 9600 bytes
• Flexible I/O: 2 x Gigabit Ethernet copper ports, SFP port
• 1 x PTP650S 5GHz Radio with Integrated 19dBi Panel Antenna
• 1 x AC Power Injector
• 1 x US Power Line Cord
• 1 x Mounting Bracket
Technical Data Sheets and User Manuals:
PTP650S Data Sheet
PTP650 User Guide
Warranty and Technical Support
• This Cambium product comes with a 12 month (one year) limited warranty on hardware components. This Standard Warranty also includes minor software enhancements as available and Cambium Networks 24x7 telephone technical support.
Click for technical support contact information.
• Return Materials Authorization (RMA) requests are handled directly from Cambium Networks. Instructions and procedures for all RMA requests can be found HERE
Typical turn around time for the RMA (Return Materials Authorization) process is less than 30 days.